Facebook is again making changes and this time it is the Facebook’s new page design layout. The changes started rolling out at the end of July but personal profiles haven’t changed yet. Here are 5 tips for nonprofits to keep in mind as they are updating their page with the new layout.
Review Your Cover Image
- Facebook has removed the logo from the cover image territory that was there previously and has moved to the left hand column.
- Is it time for a new look for your cover image? Review this Facebook post to see what the dimensions are for your Page’s profile picture and cover photo.
- For profile pictures and cover images with logos or text use a PNG file format for a more crisp display.
Review Your Call-to-Action Button
- One of the biggest changes is that the call-to-action button has moved and is more visible. The button includes Call Now, Contact Us, Send Message, Shop Now and Learn More along with other call to actions.
- Test and ensure your button goes where you want it to.
- Change your call-to-action button and link periodically and monitor it to see what is working (Go to your Insights tab/Actions on page/Action Button.
Review and Manage Tabs
- All your tabs have a more prominent position and each one now show up on the left column.
- Make sure that your tabs are in the order you want and that all 3rd party apps you have are working properly.
- To reorder tabs, click the Manage Tabs button at the bottom of the tab list then drag and drop. The top two tabs (Home and About) cannot be reordered.
- The “Like, Message and Share” buttons have also moved underneath the cover image, positioned to the left.
Review and Reorder Sections in your About Section
- Your sections are all on the right hand side now. It is recommended to check that the information is correct and that you are content with the order of the sections.
- To edit a section, hover over any section to make the edit pencil appear, click the pencil icon, and click Manage sections. Reorder them if you wish. The top 3 sections of Search, Info and About cannot be reordered.
View Your Page as a Visitor
- You will want to view your page as a visitor so that you can get an idea of what other people see when they go on your page.
- Go to the More tab under your Cover photo and select the option to view the page as a visitor.
What do you think of the new Facebook page layout? Let us know!